Outdoor activities in Singapore

I have 5 more days to the end of my holiday and I'm pretty much bored out of my mind. Guess it isn't really easy to transit from a 1...

I have 5 more days to the end of my holiday and I'm pretty much bored out of my mind. Guess it isn't really easy to transit from a 12 hours school/work/project/meeting schedule to a 24 hours free time lifestyle. Which makes me wonder how I'll survive in winter in Antartica.


I did came up with a few ideas on what one can do, but I'm really lacking the company. Not many are a fan of the outdoors. Sad face. 

1. Hike (or more like walk) the Southern Ridges Trail


I have personally only been on the Forest Walk, but that was so long ago I couldn't even remember how to got on those bridges. So, this is on my to-do list, but sadly it's recommended to tackle the trails on different days in this guide. 9km would take approx 10 hours. Maybe I should try. 8am to 6pm. 

2. Climb at Climb Central at Kallang Wave Mall 


Doesn't this look fun? Sadly, Ed is not a fan of heights at all. But this looks epic. One day, I am going have my birthday celebration here. Just you wait. But, back to the main topic. This places looks fun and more importantly easy. Their belaying system looks idiot proof, they loan you the shoes, and anyone can climb anywhere. This has always been a dream. No more waiting for that one try during your school camp. For $30 (adults), it is now free for all to explore! 

3. Cycle to Punggol Waterway and chill at the cafes 


Can't promise you this epic sunset, but yes, you will see this bridge and this circular dome thing if you cycle though the route I always take. This is my favourite early morning hobby. On days when I actually do wake up early, I would go for an hour cycle through punggol and back home. My favourite part of the route is the the pit stop at the punggol jetty where I can just sit on a tiny rock by the tiny beach and watch people fish. 

Of course, with the new cafes springing up, my new favourite spots might just be these...

  

-

And these are the top 3 places of my head, that I would like to be given the right company. Although none of these can compete with the natural hikes and trails in bigger countries like US, Korea, Taiwan, but given how small Singapore is, I'm already feeling blessed to have these wonderful nature trails and places. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images