Layover in San Francisco

I'm headed for exchange in 3 days (*gasps*) and my first trip is gonna be at San Fran during the 7 hour layover. And here's my iti...

I'm headed for exchange in 3 days (*gasps*) and my first trip is gonna be at San Fran during the 7 hour layover.

And here's my itinerary for the layover. For mum, dad and ed:


4.30PM
Land in San Fran International Terminal 1
EVA Air BR018
4.30PM - 5.30PM
Land and retrieve luggage, check in with United Airlines

5.30PM - 6.20PM
Take the BART to Powell Station
$8.65
6.20PM - 7.00PM
Take the Cable Bus to Fisherman's Wharf
$7
7.00PM - 7.30PM
Lobster Roll for dinner!
$17.95
7.30PM - 8.00PM
Take Bus F back to Powell St
$2.25
8.00PM - 8.50PM
Take the BART back to airport
$8.65
8.50PM - 11.10PM
Chill in the departure area

11.10PM
Fly from San Fran
UA1115


Total free time: 6hrs 40mins 
Total time spent outside: 3hrs 20mins 
Total estimated expenditure: USD$44.50
Time of sunset: 8.20PM approx 
Temperature 22°C -13°C

Activities in detail

1. Landing 

I'll be landing in Terminal 1, collecting my luggage, before heading to the United Airlines counter at Terminal 3 to check in. 

2. BART

I'll be travelling from San Fran International Airport to Powell Station.  The BART station is located in the International terminal, just next to Terminal 3. 


From there, I should be able to purchase a ticket to Powell Station.


Departure timings to and from Powell Station: 


3. Cable Bus to Fisherman's Wharf and Bus F back to Powell Station

This is a cable bus! Apparently the fun part is standing and hanging on the bus as it goes up and down the streets of San Fran. And apparently the queue for it can get extremely long too. I might consider heading on stop down (Powell St and O'Farrell St) if the lines are really long to hop on. The stations are mapped out in detail here: http://transit.511.org/schedules/index.aspx#m1=S&m2=bus&routeid=43872&cid=SF


The route of bus F is indicated here also, and should bring me back to Powell Station. Just gotta remember to prepare exact change when I board the bus.

4. Fisherman's Wharf

Fisherman's Wharf used to a major shipping hub for fish before it went into decline with the advent of technology. Now it's a famous tourist spot, and Pier 39 is known to have sea lions sunbathing and frolicking on the pier.


I'll be getting dinner here, and I should be trying the famous lobster roll (yums!)


And...that's all I'm getting from San Fran. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images