DIY Chinese New Year Weaved Decoration Frames

So, I've been really looking forward to Chinese New Year since I came back, because it's a time where I meet with all my relatives a...

So, I've been really looking forward to Chinese New Year since I came back, because it's a time where I meet with all my relatives and eat lots of steamboat and chinese new year goodies. And with all these excitement, I thought I should throw in more effort to decorate the house this year. At the same time, I thought I should regain my crafting hobby and was really excited to start with this idea I found on pinterest.



 I missed out UHU glue and blue tack which I used in the last step. For the white cotton thread, I would not recommend using  sewing threads, for I think those threads are weaker and could snap easily when weaving. For the photo frame, I'm actually using the classic IKEA ones.













And tadah! I didn't upload a pattern for the other orange design, but I thought that one was much more intuitive and didn't require much explaining. Each frame took me less than an hour and I think these are great if you're trying to avoid the conventional tacky chinese new year decorations.

If you are interested in making one yourself, you can get the necessary supplies here: http://xochi.tictail.com/product/chinese-new-year-weaved-decoration-frame

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images