New Year's Resolution

On 8 Jan, I returned home, back to Singapore, back home, into the arms of my mum and dad <3 And I am just starting to feel the pressure o...

On 8 Jan, I returned home, back to Singapore, back home, into the arms of my mum and dad <3 And I am just starting to feel the pressure of school work. (I already have a meeting scheduled on 9 jan at 9am) Otherwise, it feels strangely good to be home.


But, returning after being away from 6 months has kinda disrupted my daily routine. In fact, I can't recall any of my habits at home, which makes it a perfect time to set and carry out my 2016 New Year's Resolution! 

1. Read when I'm bored (Especially on the public transport), instead of playing or browsing through social media platforms and games. Its incredible how much knowledge can be gained from a short train ride. And it's a much more useful way to spent the time, instead of wasting it on comparing my life's to others. 

2. Develop a longer attention span and be less distracted. I have heard and agreed with the scientists that thinks that people are developing shorter and shorter attention span due to the greater amount of stimulus and new information we are exposed to. I'm always jumping tasks and never focusing on for a solid amount of time to do enough proper work. 

3. Stretch and breathe each night before sleeping, sorta like meditate. 

4. Draw. It might be ugly, but just draw. I just finished Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert and she encourages one to just constantly practice everyday, it gets hard, but just keep going. 

5. Believe in myself and my ideas. Mexico kinda taught me that I can pretty much do anything I want to do, removing the mental hurdles I always placed in front of me. Having been back for a few days, I'm slowly starting to feel the hurdles descending on me yet again, but I have to constantly remind myself of how liberated I felt back in Mexico, and that it's actually no different back home. I can do anything I set my mind to.

6. Complain less.

7. Have more confidence to say both yes and no.

8. Keep my room tidy. A whole lot tidier.

9. Get into a good sleep routine.

10. Less procrastination! 


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. McDonalds Singapore Menu is a symphony of familiar flavors, forever etched in our collective fast-food consciousness. The star of the show, undoubtedly, is the Big Mac, a double-decker masterpiece featuring juicy all-beef patties, tangy pickles, melty cheese, crisp lettuce, creamy Big Mac sauce, and a soft sesame seed bun.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images