Fitness Bands

Wearable fitness trackers has really been the hype for 2014 and I have been considering to get myself one. But with the wide variety of choi...

Wearable fitness trackers has really been the hype for 2014 and I have been considering to get myself one. But with the wide variety of choices and new brands turning up each month, it's hard to keep track of which one is really suitable for my lifestyle. So today, I'll be sieving through the more note-worthy models of fitness trackers and eventually, reveal the one I got for myself and my boyfriend this Christmas :D

The considerations I have in mind when shopping for a fitness tracker are mainly, aesthetics, price and functionality.

1. UP Move by JawboneJawbone_UP-Move_Sketches_960x460

For the first fitness tracker that I would like to introduce, it definitely scores high on price and credibility. UP Move by Jawbone is definitely one of the cheapest fitness trackers around, at USD$49.99. It comes in a variety of colours and the clip and straps are interchangeable, to create a different mix of colours. Jawbone is also known for its other fitness tracker, UP 24, and it's UP app highly credible and user friendly. The UP system also tracks sleep cycle in addition to physical activity. This was definitely one of the first few fitness trackers that caught my eyes, and got me seriously considering a purchase.

-


2. Misfit Shine & Misfit Flash

misfit-pascal misfit-announces-the-flash-colorful-50-activity-and-sleep-tracker-for-the-masses

Misfit Shine first caught my eye with its aesthetics appeal. It was the first few fitness tracker that was design to blend in with the business suit/fashionista. It was a fitness tracker that was meant to fit with the clothing worn by the masses, not merely the by the sports enthusiast. However, it is a little pricey at USD$99, and this is where Misfit Flash comes it. Like Up Move by Jawbone, it's USD$49.99, but this time, it comes with both the clip and the band. Better yet, both Shine and Flash are waterproof, and can be used to track swimming and other activity in the water. It also automatically detects sleep, unlike Up Move by Jawbone. Afterall, it can get pretty tiring to set the tracker to sleep mode every night before sleeping and when waking up. However, it Misfit Flash isn't as aesthetically appealing as Up Move and this is a deterrence. Reviews have also rated the app to be too simplistic, with much room for improvement.

-


3. Fitbit Flexsimple.b-cssdisabled-png.he2e3da70d98b34b28ddbee568cbd794cThe Fitbit Flex was another tracker that caught my eye, due to the wider variety of functions it came with. One of the features I was particularly attracted to, is the silent wake alarm, where it gently vibrates to rouse the user from sleep. No more slamming of the alarm and grumpy mornings. It can also track the route taken on runs and present it on the mobile app, a feature missing from the above two trackers. On the downside, it does not come with built in batteries and have to be recharged every 5 days. Also, it came it a little pricey for me at USD$99.

-


In summary: Screen Shot 2014-12-27 at 12.18.41 pm

Ultimately, I got the the Misfit Flash as it was on a christmas promotion and was sold was only USD$25. That was hard to resist. Last I checked, the promotion is over and Onyx Black is out of stock as well. Next Christmas yeah!

Screen Shot 2014-12-27 at 12.20.45 pm

PS: I have been using the Misfit flash for about a week now, and will be posting detailed reviews on it soon!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Flickr Images