Christmas in Mexico City

My last day in Mexico was spent at Mexico City and it was so awesome. I spent the day walking around and thoroughly going through the exhi...

My last day in Mexico was spent at Mexico City and it was so awesome.

I spent the day walking around and thoroughly going through the exhibits at my favourite museum.


A really really good jazz band  

Hostel Historic Centro 

 The light museum. Honestly, this is like a light science museum, more suited for kids, but I had lots of fun nonetheless 

 Last time I'll ever be in this square!

 Oh the bella artes center <3 By far one of the grandest performance center I've seen. It's probably my third time here, and I still marvel at it 


 Look at those beautiful flowers in the background! Noches buenos, I didn't know these flowers really existed, because it's impossible to find them in the tropical climate in Singapore 



 And this giant piƱata, omg. 

But the best part of the day was really at night, at the Zocalo. CDMX has set up an ice skating rink and a huge slide in the main square, along with lots of Christmas decorations. And it was all free!! I only had to collect my free tickets at the booths located on both sides of the cathedral for the ice skating and arrive to join the queue at the respective time. The only thing I needed to bring was my socks.

 It looks even better lighted up at night! Like a giant disco ball, lol

And check out the lights on all the buildings! Almost feel like I'm in the movie, Frozen, ahaha

1/2 hour before the time stated on the ticket, the crowd was allowed to enter and grab their skates. My shoe size was asked and printed on my ticket beforehand, and once I enter, I simply had to go to the counter with my size, exchange my shoes for my skates and queue to enter the rink. The whole process was so fast and efficient for Mexico's standards, and that left me really really impressed.




The whole experience was wonderful. There were 3 skating areas, connected by ice "bridges" and it was so fun to just go round and round. The main rink got really crowded after awhile though, with lots of "seals" crowding up the rink, for children and first time skaters.






We were all given the chance to skate for up to 1 hour before they started blocking off the bridges and the crowd starts to file out. I went out a little earlier and head straight for the slide. The tickets for the slide is handed out while I queued. When it was my turn, I simply had to carry my own "float" up the slide and the helper was there to push me down. At first look it didn't look that steep, and I was judging all the people who screamed on the way down. But when I was actually sliding down, it felt REALLY steep, and I involuntarily screamed too. Ahahaha

 Perfect ending to my perfect stay here in Mexico 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images