Mexico City, Part 3, Wrapping Up

Sunday was the last day of my stay with Paty's family and last day of my trip in Mexico City. I thanked Paty's mum the night before...

Sunday was the last day of my stay with Paty's family and last day of my trip in Mexico City. I thanked Paty's mum the night before for hosting me and helped cleared their piled up dishes on Sat and Sun morning as thanks, before departing to the zocalo Mexico City. 

I already visited the Zocalo with Paty on Friday, but we missed quite a few places and there was alot more museums I wanted to see, that I wasn't sure she wouldn't be bored by. It wasn't easy lugging my backpack around, but thankfully almost all museums had a baggage area to store bags and prevent people from bringing water in and damaging any important art. 

 And at 10am, I began my day in the zocalo. Note how little people there are at this time. Fast forward 4 hrs, it would have been impossible to get a selfie without anyone photobombing. 


First stop was the national palace that denied us entrance on Friday. This mural describes in general the whole of Mexico's history. I take pride in learning that I actually know more or less most of the events described in the murals


Exhibits being showcase at that time 


 Whoever thought of this is so smart. Inside each of the mask is a video, which people can watch by putting their head in, thus engaging the audiences to become the exhibit! 



 Living area of the President the national palace used to house


 This is actually an iglesia that has been transformed into an art exhibit site. Unfortunately, there were no exhibits on display when I was there. Which made the whole place look depilated instead. 

 Next stop was Templo Mayor! 

 This is actually the first and only site I queued for. The site is amazing, but with the crowd, I just wanted to squeeze my way through and exit as fast as possible. 






 Oh Dio Mio. Where did they get all these babies?! 


 A street selling books at lower than retail prices. If only I read and understood Spanish ): 

 The post office is amazing. 

 What's more amazing is that they still use it as a post office! 




 The last stop is the museum of popular art, and I loved it.

 The museum puts together artefacts/art pieces about Mexico's culture and history, and generally the pieces are all bright and colourful 




 The skull theme is pretty common and popular, due to the "Day of the dead" festival in Mexico. 


 The tree of life topped with lots of mexican cultural ornaments 

And that concludes my trip in Mexico City. I am so grateful to have a classmate that is willing to host me and show me around, and to introduce me to the non-touristic elements of Mexico City as well. <3 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images